10 Home Remedies for a Healthier Smile
They say the mouth is the window to the health of our body. If this is true, then taking care of your teeth should be an important part of your daily routine. Over time, our teeth naturally fade in color, and one of the reasons this process is sped up due to lack of brushing them, or from things we eat and drink on a regular basis. There are many actions you can take at home to whiten your teeth, ward off diseases, and freshen your breath.
- Turmeric: Turmeric can be found in most households and, although it is known to stain things yellow, You would be surprised at what it can do to your teeth. Using turmeric will make your teeth shine bright with radiance.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is natures best tooth brightening ingredient. In its gel form, you can simply rub the formula onto your teeth in order to achieve a whiter smile.
- Olive Oil: Oil pulling is an age-old remedy that involves swishing a spoon full of (plant-based) oil first thing in the morning before drinking or eating. Doing so will help protect against tooth decay and disease.
- Charcoal: It may seem gross at first, but rubbing charcoal on your teeth is a great alternative to your everyday toothpaste. This trick may not taste great but will work wonders for bringing a shine to your teeth.
- Baking Soda: This is most likely the most popular at home remedy used for a healthier smile, but it is well deserved. Brushing your teeth using a bit of baking soda instead of ordinary toothpaste is beneficial because the grainy texture helps to remove built-up plaque.
- Salt: When it comes to brushing your teeth salt is also very beneficial because of its grainy texture. Along with removing plaque salt can also help remove some of the lighter stains.
- Raw Crunchy Fruits: Chewing crunchy fruits not only contain nutrients your body needs to be healthy but it cleans built-up plaque off your teeth.
- Strawberries: Strawberries contain a teeth whitening enzyme known as malic acid, which works wonders for your smile. To get a pair of pearly whites try combining a smashed strawberry with some baking soda.
- Mint Leaves: Chewing mint leaves or sipping on mint tea can instantly freshen your breath, and tastes great.
- Basil: Basil is not only good for your overall health but also helps protect your mouth from plaque and tartar build up.
These tips are great for your oral health, but should not be used as a substitute for brushing and proper dental hygiene. These are fantastic ways that you can help restore your teeth’s natural shine and help whiten your teeth from home.
If you are due for a cleaning or would like to know more about our services click here to find the nearest location.